Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thank Goodness Tommorrow's Friday

Work went pretty well today. Cole was crying when I was about to leave so I stopped to feed him for a minute to try and put him back to sleep. It made me a little late getting out of the house. I left here about 6:55 and I sat in traffic for a lot longer today. I didn't get to work until 7:50 today. I think I'm just always going to try to be out of here by 6:45 just in case. In total I pumped about 10 ounces today. For some reason I pumped an ounce less at lunch. I took a lot of food to work today and I just couldn't get full. I was hungry all day. Today was pretty good as far as learning goes. I have understood everything we have been taught about the systems that we are going to be using.

Tomorrow we get to wear jeans and I'm so excited. Being a stay at home mom, I got used to very comfortable clothing and dressing up this week has been a huge change for me. Not to mention, I'm still not down to my pre-first pregnancy weight which is what most of my business attire is so I don't fit in all of it... yet.

When I was leaving work today I went to the Mother's Room to get my cooler of breastmilk from the fridge and I met one of the other women that pumps. She was really nice. I told her if she needs to pump and she walks in on me we can just pump together. I'm not shy about pumping with her in the same room. She said the same goes for me. She has a 7 month old baby and the Medela breast pump. She said I'm the first person she has met there that didn't have it also. I just don't see the point in getting a $300 pump when I am only going to be pumping for a little while longer. There is a blue cooler bag that has been in the fridge since I started and she said that it has been in there for years and nobody knows who left it there. She said they are afraid to look inside it. I think I'm just going to throw it away. That seems really gross to me. I sort of feel like her and I and the other "pumpers" are in a secret club together. It's that club that you automatically join when you are doing something important together. I also like to think that I am in a special club of mothers. Once you have given 9 months of your life to a miracle and then give birth to them and raise them, you understand something new about life that you never could see before. Before that, all you can do is imagine what it would be like. It's so easy to talk to other mothers because you have something important in common and you are on this journey together. Okay, enough Hallmark-y stuff. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment