Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Better!

Today was much better than the last two days. I drove to work at 6:45 and arrived at 7:30. That is a half hour before I had to be there but I wasn't so early that I was bored out of my mind. Skip forward to break. I was so excited to use my new breast pump. I got 1 ounce Monday, 3 ounces Tuesday, and drum roll please.....RLRLRLRLRL (single stroke roll).... I pumped a total of 11 ounces today! 4 ounces at first break from each, 4 at lunch, and 3 at third break. That is almost four times the amount I hand expressed yesterday. I wasn't late coming back from any breaks. I was able to eat whatever I had to eat while holding the two pumps in place with the device that holds both of them at the same time. I didn't have any distractions or pain today during my training class and I was able to provide for my son. I am looking forward to increasing my supply and I think I am going to try getting an extra pump in each day or on the weekends. That's just to get some backup milk going again. If I hadn't had such bad luck the last two days we wouldn't have had to dip into the backup. It would have been immediately replaced by the new milk. I am so glad my mum bought me a efficient work pump. I am not intimidated any more by pumping for the next six months. I may go longer now that I have this awesome pump!!

No comments:

Post a Comment