Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Little History

My name is Rebecca. I am 26 years old. I have a wonderful husband named Anthony. Together we have two children, Xyler and Coltan. Xy is 2 years old and Cole is 6 months. We also have a "Fur Baby", a calico cat named Leila.

This is my first blog. I am still figuring all this out. ^_^ I read a lot of blogs, though, so I think this will be pretty easy.

I have been a "Stay at home Mom" for the past 2 years. Officially, I have only worked one paid day since 3 weeks before my first son was born. (There is a lovely pregnancy story that I will share later) Unofficially, I have been "working" since he was born. Kids are a full time, crazy, fun job. You never understand how much work goes into raising a child until they are upon you. I love it! My son is starting to talk in sentences and he is 75% understandable. He is also a destructive two year old, so some of his funny, childish happenings might make it into my blog as well as anything my 6 month old does. :D

2 years later, I am going back to work. I am starting a position that is 45 minutes away in light traffic. We will be moving down there in about 2-3 months, but until then I am stuck with the tedious task of fighting through the horrendous Denver traffic. After my 5 weeks of training I will be on a pretty good schedule where traffic won't be such a problem. 2pm-10:30pm. Both of those times are when traffic is usually light and easy flowing. However, during training my schedule is going to be 8am-4:30pm. Both times are smack dab in the middle of rush hour! Leaving early and coming home late might not be such a huge deal, but I am breastfeeding my 6 month old. I plan to feed him until he is at least a year old. I know that I will be able to pump while I am at work but what about coming home. I wonder if I should pump before I get in my car to drive home. I guess that will just come with experience. I start August 8, 2011. I will be going to fill out paperwork at 12:30 tomorrow.

I am so excited to be working again and to have an income to contribute, however, I am really sad I am leaving my children for so many hours a day. I know they will be okay without me while their father watches them, but I know they are going to miss me. I will probably miss them more. A huge part of me craves adult interaction, but my children are my world. This blog will be about my experiences with going to work while continuing breastfeeding and what it is like to be a working mommy.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment